Play CONNECT 4 online
Win up to £8,000Buy now
£1.00 per play
This Game ("the Game") is subject to these Game Procedures ("the Procedures"), the Rules for Interactive Instant Win Games ("the Rules") and the Interactive Account Terms and Conditions which can be found at the National Lottery website (www.national-lottery.co.uk). The meaning of any word or term in the Procedures shall be as defined in the Rules unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
Game Name: CONNECT 4
Game Price: £1.00
There is a 1 in 3.5 overall chance of winning a Prize on each Play of the Game. The Expected Prize Payout Percentage for this game is 65.00%.
By choosing "Continue" on the "Buy Instant Win Game" page a Player is committed to the purchase of a Play, and the value of the purchase will be deducted from his National Lottery Account.
In playing this Game, Players acknowledge that it is a game of chance, that the outcome of a Play in the Game is pre-determined by the Interactive System at the point of purchase, and that the winning of a Prize in the Game does not involve the exercise of any skill or judgement by a Player.
If a Player or a Prospective Player is playing the Try Game version of this Game they acknowledge that they are not purchasing a Play and therefore the Game Price is not relevant and there are no Prizes.
Players also acknowledge that the CONNECT 4 Instant Win is a representation of CONNECT 4 only and is not intended to replicate the original game.
Play Style, Play Symbols and determining a Valid Winning Play for CONNECT 4
A Play Number is allocated to each Play, which can be found at the top right of the Game Play Window.
At the start of a Play, the Player is presented with a Game Play Window displaying the words 'Connect 4', a CONNECT 4 frame, one large red counter and one large yellow counter with the word 'or' between them. Below these counters is the instruction: 'CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR'.
To commence a Play, the Player must position his cursor over one of the large counters and click. On doing so, the Player is presented with a Game Play Window displaying a CONNECT 4 frame (the 'Frame') containing 42 empty counter spaces in a 7x6 formation. To the left of each horizontal line, below each vertical line and to the bottom left of the Frame, a cash amount is displayed (the 'Prize').
To the bottom left of the Game Play Window is the instruction: 'Click on each of the columns in the grid to fill it with counters. Connect four counters of your chosen colour in a row, column or diagonal to win PRIZE. Find a to win £10'. After a period of time this will retract into an 'i' motif (the 'Information Button'). The Player can display the instruction at any time by clicking on the Information Button.
If, after a period of time the Player has not yet clicked anything, the empty counter spaces will animate to indicate to the Player that he must click one of these to continue the Game.
If the Player moves the cursor over an empty counter space, the entire column will highlight orange. When the Player clicks on one of the empty counter spaces six counters will drop into the Frame from above that column, and the following will happen:
- If the Player reveals four counters of his chosen counter colour next to each other in a vertical line, the Prize directly below that column will animate to indicate that the Player has won that amount. The four counters will animate, highlight green and a green line will outline the four counters. The Prize and counters will remain highlighted for the rest of the Game.
- If four counters of the Player's chosen counter colour are not connected in a vertical line, the Prize directly below that column will dim down to indicate that this Prize can no longer be won.
- If a is revealed the will animate to indicate that the Player has won £10. The will remain highlighted for the rest of the Game.
To continue, the Player must position the cursor over an empty counter space. A further six counters will drop into the Frame from above the column that the Player has clicked, and one of the actions described above will happen.
As the Frame is filled with counters, one of the following will happen:
- If the Player reveals four counters of his chosen counter colour next to each other in a horizontal row the Prize directly to the left of that row will animate to indicate that the Player has won that amount. The four counters will animate, highlight green and a green line will outline the four counters. The Prize and counters will remain highlighted for the rest of the Game.
- If the Player reveals four counters of his chosen counter colour next to each other in a diagonal line the Prize to the bottom left of the Frame, in line with the diagonal, will animate to indicate that the Player has won that amount. The four counters will animate, highlight green and a green line will outline the four counters. The Prize and counters will remain highlighted for the rest of the Game.
- If four counters of the Player's chosen counter colour are not connected in a horizontal row or diagonal line, the Prizes for those horizontal rows and diagonal line will dim down to indicate that these Prizes can no longer be won.
To complete the Game, the Player must click on an empty space in each of the seven columns. The Game ends when the Frame has been completely filled with counters. A message will appear to the middle right of the Game Play Window indicating the amount the Player has won, if any. The word 'FINISH' will appear underneath this message. The Player must click 'FINISH' to complete the Game.
The Player of a Play of this Game having revealed four of their chosen colour counters in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line in the Connect 4 Frame shall, subject to the Rules, be entitled to the corresponding Prize for that line, and/or having revealed , shall win £10. Prize amounts and odds of winning are as detailed in the table below:
|Prize Amount||Approx. odds (1 in x)|
|£2 (£1 + £1)||28|
|£10 (£5 + £5)||253|
|£10 (£10 Bonus)||253|
|£15 (£10 + £5)||931|
|£17 (£10 Bonus + £5 + £2)||1,501|
|£20 (£10 Bonus + £5 + £5)||4,000|
Only one Prize Amount can be won per Play as detailed in the Prize Amounts and Odds table above.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Game Procedures - CONNECT 4 (of which the above How to Play section forms part) and any other information issued by the Company in respect of this Game, the Game Procedures - CONNECT 4 will prevail.Try now
There is no cost and no prize paid for try games.
Overall odds for winning a prize: 1 in 3.5
This Instant Win is a game of chance. The outcome of a play is decided at the point of purchase and your actions will not influence whether you win a prize.
A proportion of National Lottery sales goes to National Lottery projects. For further information, please visit the Good Causes and winners section of this site.
Know your limits! Did you know that you can set your own spending limits for Instant Wins? Set your Play Limits