About Lotto Hotpicks
- What is Lotto HotPicks?
- How do I play online?
- How do I enter my numbers?
- How much does it cost?
- Where are my ticket details kept?
- When can I play?
- What happens if I win?
- When can I watch the live draw?
What is Lotto HotPicks?
Lotto HotPicks gives you the chance to win bigger prizes for picking and matching fewer Lotto numbers.
Decide how many numbers you want to pick and select the corresponding 'Pick' game. Enter the appropriate amount of numbers for the game you've chosen, from 1 to 49.
The Lotto draw takes place every Wednesday and Saturday. Match your chosen Lotto HotPicks numbers against the main Lotto draw numbers to win.
How do I play online?
To play online, you'll first need to open a National Lottery Account. If you haven't yet opened one, we'll prompt you to do so once you've completed your online play slip (see 'How do I enter my numbers' below).
A National Lottery Account lets you play Lottery Draw Games and our exciting Instant Wins online. To get started, you can transfer as little as £10 to your National Lottery Account from your debit card, and transfer money back to your bank account at any time. For your added security we do verify your details. If we can't authorise your application immediately online, you can also register for an Account by post.Back to top
How do I enter my numbers?
Simply complete the online play slip:
1. Choose a game (the quantity of numbers you want to play). Then enter the appropriate quantity of numbers from 1-49, or pick 'Lucky Dip'.
2. To play more than five lines select 'Add more lines'.
3. Choose which draws to enter and the number of weeks you'd like to play. You can choose to play Saturdays, Wednesdays or both, and up to eight weeks in advance.
4. Next, click 'Play now':
- If you're already signed into your National Lottery Account, your Lotto draw ticket will now be displayed, with the details stored safely in your Account.
- If you're yet to sign into your National Lottery Account, you'll now be prompted to do so. Once you've signed in, your Lotto draw ticket will be displayed, with the details stored safely in your Account.
- If you've yet to open a National Lottery Account, you'll now be prompted to do so. In the meantime, our system will remember your play slip details. Once you've opened your Account and added funds, your Lotto draw ticket will be displayed, with the details stored safely in your Account.
How much does it cost?
Each Lotto HotPicks play costs £1.Back to top
Where are my ticket details kept?
We keep your ticket details safe and secure in your National Lottery Account, so you can view them online whenever you like (except when our system is closed for maintenance).
To access your Account, click 'Sign in' at the top right of the homepage, then enter your secure username and password. If you can't remember your sign-in details, click the 'Forgotten username or password' link for assistance.
Once you've signed in, select 'Tickets', under the 'Games' menu, to view your ticket details.Back to top
When can I play?
You can play Lotto HotPicks online every day from 8am (sometimes earlier) until 11.00pm.
But remember: Lotto HotPicks ticket sales close from 7.30pm to 9pm on Wednesday and Saturday for that evening's draw. To play Lotto HotPicks on the day, you'll need to buy your ticket before 7.30pm.Back to top
What happens if I win?
For your convenience, we'll pay most winnings directly to your National Lottery Account or your debit card. You can claim your prize the day immediately after you win it. Here's how we pay you:
Wins of up to £500
We pay these directly to your Account. You can either transfer them to your debit card or use them to play more games.
Wins of £501 to £5,000
We pay these directly to your debit card, so you can quickly start to enjoy them.
Wins of more than £5,000
You must claim wins of more than £5,000 by calling the National Lottery Customer Care Team on 0845 278 8000. For these, you'll be paid by cheque.Back to top
When can I watch the live draw?
The Saturday Lotto draw can be seen on BBC One from 19.30* every Saturday.
You can watch the draws from Wednesday nights online. There will also be a results update on BBC One at 10:35pm on Wednesday nights.
A recording of the Saturday draws will be available online from the following Monday.
*Draw broadcast times are subject to change.
Go to TV shows for more information.Back to top