EuroMillions HotPicks Online Game Procedures
Edition 1b effective 13th January 2021
When EuroMillions HotPicks is played online (including using Pingit), these Game Procedures (the "Procedures") and the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online (the "Rules") apply.
If You buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries with Your Account, the Account Terms apply in addition to the documents mentioned above, and if You buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries with Your Pingit Account, the Pingit User Account Terms apply in addition to those documents. From 18th February 2021, it will no longer be possible to buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries with Your Pingit Account.
If there is any conflict between the documents, these Procedures will take priority followed by the Rules, the Pingit User Account Terms (if relevant) and then the Account Terms.
You can view all National Lottery Rules and Procedures on the National Lottery website. You can also ask for copies by calling our Customer Care Team on 0333 234 44 33∞ (please see the Telephone Enquiries section for call charges), or by writing to the National Lottery, PO Box 251, Watford WD18 9BR.
All words and phrases in these Procedures that begin with a capital letter and have specific meaning are explained below or in Section (G).
(A) Introduction to EuroMillions HotPicks
- (1) EuroMillions HotPicks comprises of five different games – 'Pick 1', 'Pick 2', 'Pick 3', 'Pick 4', and 'Pick 5' - each costing £1.50 to play.
- (2) To play the Pick 1 game, You pick one number for Your Selection. To play the Pick 2 game, You pick two numbers for Your Selection. Similarly, to play the Pick 3, Pick 4, and Pick 5 games, You need to pick three, four and five numbers respectively for Your Selection.
- (3) EuroMillions HotPicks uses the EuroMillions Draws, which take place on Tuesdays and Fridays. You do not have to play EuroMillions to play EuroMillions HotPicks. Only the Main Numbers, and not the Lucky Star Numbers, are used for EuroMillions HotPicks.
(B) Playing EuroMillions HotPicks Online
- (1) To play EuroMillions HotPicks on the Site, You should fill in the interactive play slip for EuroMillions HotPicks by following the instructions provided. To buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries with Your Pingit Account, You should follow the instructions provided. It won’t be possible to buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries with Your Pingit Account from 18th February 2021.
- (2) A 'week', when mentioned in the 'number of weeks' section, will start on the first available Tuesday or Friday EuroMillions HotPicks Draw that Your EuroMillions HotPicks Entry is entered into and will end immediately before (and excluding) the EuroMillions HotPicks Draw on the same day of the following calendar week.
- (3) If You have used Your Account to buy a EuroMillions HotPicks Entry and Your Selection is not shown in Your "My account" section of the Site, then that Selection will not have been entered into any EuroMillions HotPicks Draw.
- (4) If You have used Your Pingit Account to buy a EuroMillions HotPicks Entry, You should be able to view Your EuroMillions HotPicks Entry by following the link shown in Your Pingit Account after You have made Your purchase, or in the email confirmation sent to You by Camelot. If You can't see the link, or do not receive an email, and are not sure if Your purchase was successful or what Your EuroMillions HotPicks Entry is, You should contact the Customer Care Team.
(C) How to win in EuroMillions HotPicks
- If Your EuroMillions HotPicks Entry matches the relevant Prize category set out in the table in Section (D)(1), You will win the Prize in that Prize category, providing the requirements of the Rules and these Procedures are met. You can only win a Prize in the EuroMillions HotPicks game You have entered.
(D) EuroMillions HotPicks Odds and Prizes
(1) The table below sets out the EuroMillions HotPicks games, the Prize categories, the approximate odds of winning, the Prize value for each Prize category and the Prize cap multiplier (explained in Section (D)(4) below).
Prizes table Game Prize Categories Approximate Odds of Winning Prize (subject to Prize capping explained in paragraph (D)(4) below) Prize Cap Multiplier Pick 1 Pick 1 Match 1 Main Number 1:10 £10 1.2 Pick 2 Pick 2 Match 2 Main Numbers 1:123 £100 1.35 Pick 3 Pick 3 Match 3 Main Numbers 1:1,960 £1,500 3.7 Pick 4 Pick 4 Match 4 Main Numbers 1:46,060 £30,000 11.2 Pick 5 Pick 5 Match 5 Main Numbers 1:2,118,760 £1,000,000 65.0
- (2) On average, the following percentage of EuroMillions HotPicks sales will be available to be paid out in Prizes to players:
- Pick 1 game - 66.67%
- Pick 2 game - 54.42%
- Pick 3 game - 51.02%
- Pick 4 game - 43.28%
- Pick 5 game - 30.87%
- (3) All Prizes in a EuroMillions HotPicks game will be paid in full except in exceptional circumstances if Prize capping takes place.
- (4) Prize capping (which means Prizes may be less than stated) will only occur if the total value of EuroMillions HotPicks Prizes for a EuroMillions HotPicks game (e.g. the Pick 2 game) is more than the Prize Fund for that EuroMillions HotPicks game. The Prize Fund is calculated by multiplying the relevant Prize Cap Multiplier (shown in the table above) by the total value of entries in that EuroMillions HotPicks game.
- (5) If Prize capping takes place for a EuroMillions HotPicks game, the Prizes payable will be calculated by dividing the relevant Prize Fund by the number of winning entries for that EuroMillions HotPicks game. Capped Prizes will be rounded down to the nearest £1.
(E) Cancelling a EuroMillions HotPicks Entry
- (1) You cannot cancel a EuroMillions HotPicks Entry bought on the Site after You have accepted the Selection(s) displayed on the "Confirm Play Slip" screen of the Site. You cannot cancel a EuroMillions HotPicks Entry bought using Your Pingit Account once You have selected 'Pay Now' on the Review Order page.
- (2) If You get two or more Lucky Dip Selections for the same EuroMillions HotPicks Draw that contain the same numbers for the EuroMillions HotPicks game, You should telephone our Customer Care Team within 120 minutes of buying the relevant EuroMillions HotPicks Entry(s), or before the close of sales for that EuroMillions HotPicks Draw, whichever is the earlier. Camelot may then, at its discretion and following investigation, refund into Your Account (or Your Pingit Account if the EuroMillions HotPicks Entry(ies) were bought using Your Pingit Account) an amount equal to the cost of the duplicate EuroMillions HotPicks Entry(s).
Where Camelot considers it reasonable to do so, it may postpone a EuroMillions Draw (which will mean that EuroMillions HotPicks will be postponed) for as long as it considered to be appropriate in the circumstances. In that case (by way of example only, where there has been a significant disruption to the sale of EuroMillions HotPicks Entries) Camelot may continue to sell entries for that EuroMillions HotPicks Draw beyond the normal Draw break for EuroMillions HotPicks.
- An account maintained by a Player on Camelot's Computer System.
- Camelot's Computer System:
- The computer systems used by or on behalf of Camelot from time to time to operate National Lottery games, administer Accounts, facilitate EuroMillions HotPicks Entries and pay Prizes.
- Cancelled EuroMillions HotPicks Draw:
- Any EuroMillions HotPicks Draw which does not take place because of the expiry, suspension or withdrawal of either Camelot’s licence from the Commission to run The National Lottery or Camelot’s licence from the Commission to promote EuroMillions HotPicks; or any EuroMillions HotPicks Draw that takes place but which UK and Isle of Man players cannot participate in for any reason including, but not limited to, as a result of Camelot’s suspension from participation in a EuroMillions Draw for the reasons set out in Section C(5) of the EuroMillions and UK Millionaire Maker Online Games Procedures.
- The Gambling Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The National Lottery) or any other body appointed to regulate The National Lottery from time to time.
- Customer Care Team:
- Camelot's helpline for interactive Players, contact details of which are set out at the end of these Procedures. See the Site for the Customer Care Team's current opening hours.
- EuroMillions Draw:
- The process carried out in line with the relevant draw procedures established by SLE, which results in the random selection of a set(s) of winning EuroMillions numbers (being the Main Numbers and the Lucky Star Numbers) for the EuroMillions game. The winning EuroMillions numbers will be ultimately confirmed by SLE.
- EuroMillions HotPicks Draw:
- The EuroMillions Draw, which is used for EuroMillions HotPicks. Only the Main Numbers are used to play EuroMillions HotPicks and not the Lucky Star Numbers.
- EuroMillions HotPicks Entry:
- An entry into EuroMillions HotPicks which has been registered as an entry on Camelot's Computer System.
- Lucky Dip:
- A EuroMillions HotPicks Entry consisting of a selection of different numbers (the number of different numbers depending on the EuroMillions HotPicks game You decide to enter) which are randomly selected by Camelot's Computer System on Your behalf.
- Lucky Star Numbers:
- The two numbers randomly chosen as part of a EuroMillions Draw from the numbers one to twelve inclusive. The Lucky Star Numbers are not used to play EuroMillions HotPicks.
- Main Numbers:
- The first five numbers randomly chosen at a EuroMillions Draw from the numbers one to fifty inclusive. Only the Main Numbers are used to play EuroMillions HotPicks.
- Barclays' proprietary smartphone payments application, Barclays' Pingit.
- Pingit Account:
- The Pingit account in Your name and maintained by You via the Pingit app.
- Pingit User Account Terms:
- The terms that apply when Pingit Account holders buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries using their Pingit Account. The Pingit User Account Terms are available on the Site.
- A prize won by an eligible player in EuroMillions HotPicks.
- The required set of numbers chosen by You to play EuroMillions HotPicks or a Lucky Dip for EuroMillions HotPicks. For the Pick 1 game, one number is chosen; for the Pick 2 game, two numbers are chosen; for the Pick 3 game, three numbers are chosen; for the Pick 4 game, four numbers are chosen; and for the Pick 5 game, five numbers are chosen.
- The website national-lottery.co.uk
- The holder of an Account and/or Pingit Account who is eligible to buy EuroMillions HotPicks Entries using that Account and/or Pingit Account and whose Account (and/or Direct Debit and/or Pingit Account, as applicable) has not been terminated, cancelled, suspended or closed.
Contact Numbers and Addresses
Customer Care Team: 0333 234 44 33∞ (0370 737 3983 for complaints).
For the hard of hearing using Minicom equipment, please call 0370 737 8249.
Calls cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 03 numbers will be included on the same basis.
General Written Enquiries:
The National Lottery
PO Box 251
National Lottery Regional Centre Addresses:
Watford (Camelot’s registered office)
The National Lottery
Tel: 01923 425000
The National Lottery
5 Tiger Court
Kings Business Park
Tel: 0151 236 1796
© Gambling Commission 2021