Lotto HotPicks Online Game Procedures
9th Edition effective 1st September 2014
Where the Lotto HotPicks Game is played online, the Account Terms, the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online (the "Rules") and these Procedures apply. If there is any conflict between these documents, these Procedures will take priority followed by the Rules and then the Account Terms.
You can view all National Lottery Rules and Procedures on the National Lottery website. You can also ask for copies by calling our Customer Care Team on 0845 278 8000, or by writing to the National Lottery, PO Box 251, Watford WD18 9BR.
All words and phrases in these Procedures that begin with a capital letter and have specific meaning are explained below or in Section (G).
(A) Introduction to Lotto HotPicks
- (1) The Lotto HotPicks Game comprises five different games – 'Pick 1', 'Pick 2', 'Pick 3', 'Pick 4', and 'Pick 5' – each costing £1 to play.
- (2) To play the Pick 1 game, You pick one number for Your Selection. To play the Pick 2 game, You pick two numbers for Your Selection. Similarly, to play the Pick 3, Pick 4, and Pick 5 games, You need to pick three, four and five numbers respectively for Your Selection.
- (3) The Lotto Draws, which take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays, constitute the Lotto HotPicks Draws. You do not have to play the Lotto Game to play the Lotto HotPicks Game. Only the Main Numbers, and not the Bonus Number, are used for the Lotto HotPicks Game.
- (4) If Your Selection is not shown in Your "My Account" section of the Website then Your Selection will not have been entered into any Lotto HotPicks Draw.
(B) Playing Lotto HotPicks on the Site
- (1) You should fill in the interactive playslip for the Lotto HotPicks Game by following the instructions on the Site.
- (2) A 'week' when mentioned in the 'number of weeks' boxes on the interactive play slip, will start on the first available Wednesday or Saturday Lotto HotPicks Draw that Your Lotto HotPicks Entry is entered into and will end immediately before (and excluding) the Lotto HotPicks Draw on the same day of the following calendar week.
(C) How to win in Lotto HotPicks
- If Your Lotto HotPicks Entry matches the relevant Prize category set out in the table in paragraph (D)(1), You will win the Prize in that Prize category, subject to the Rules and these Procedures. You can only win a Prize in the Lotto HotPicks Game You have entered.
(D) Prize categories, Prizes and odds of winning
(1) The table below sets out the Lotto HotPicks Games, the Prize categories, the approximate odds of winning, the Prize value for each Prize category and the Prize cap multiplier (explained in paragraph (D)(4) below).
Prizes table Game Prize Categories Approximate Odds of Winning Prize (subject to Prize capping explained in paragraph (D)(4) below) Prize Cap Multiplier Pick 1 Pick 1 Match 1 Main Number 1:9 £5 1.2 Pick 2 Pick 2 Match 2 Main Numbers 1:79 £40 1.2 Pick 3 Pick 3 Match 3 Main Numbers 1:922 £450 2.6 Pick 4 Pick 4 Match 4 Main Numbers 1:14,126 £7,000 9.0 Pick 5 Pick 5 Match 5 Main Numbers 1:317,814 £130,000 26.0
- (2) On average, the following percentage of Lotto HotPicks sales will be available to be paid out in Prizes to players:
- Pick 1 game - 61.2%
- Pick 2 game - 51.0%
- Pick 3 game - 48.8%
- Pick 4 game - 49.5%
- Pick 5 game - 40.9%
- (3) All Prizes in a Lotto HotPicks Game will be paid in full except in exceptional circumstances if Prize capping takes place.
- (4) Prize capping (which means Prizes may be less than stated) will only occur if the total value of Lotto HotPicks Prizes for a Lotto HotPicks Game (e.g. the Pick 2 game) is more than the Prize Fund for that Lotto HotPicks Game. The Prize Fund is calculated by multiplying the relevant Prize Cap Multiplier (shown in the table above) by the total value of entries in that Lotto HotPicks Game.
- (5) If Prize capping takes place for a Lotto HotPicks Game, the Prizes payable will be calculated by dividing the relevant Prize Fund by the number of winning entries for that Lotto HotPicks Game.
(E) Cancelling a Lotto HotPicks Entry
- (1) You cannot cancel a Lotto HotPicks Entry bought on the Site after You have accepted the Selection(s) displayed on the "Confirm Play Slip" screen of the Site.
- (2) If You get two or more Lucky Dip Selections for the same Lotto HotPicks Draw that contain the same numbers for the Lotto HotPicks Game, You should telephone our Customer Care Team within 120 minutes of buying the relevant Lotto HotPicks Entry(s), or before the close of sales for that Lotto HotPicks Draw, whichever is the earlier. Camelot may then, at its discretion and following investigation, refund into Your Account an amount equal to the cost of the duplicate Lotto HotPicks Entry(s).
(F) Refunds for Cancelled Draws
- (1) Without limiting Camelot's liability (as set out in Rules 11.3 and 11.4 of the Rules), if there is a Cancelled Lotto HotPicks Draw, Camelot will refund You any amount You paid for Your Lotto HotPicks Entry into the Cancelled Lotto HotPicks Draw.
- (2) Any refund will be placed directly into Your Account or refunded by any other means decided by Camelot. No interest will be paid on any refunds made.
- (3) This paragraph (F) shall not apply where a Lotto HotPicks Draw has been delayed or postponed, or has been cancelled but is not a Cancelled Lotto HotPicks Draw as defined in these Procedures.
- An account maintained by a person on Camelot’s Computer System.
- Bonus Number:
- The one number randomly selected immediately after the Main Numbers have been selected in a Lotto Draw. The Bonus Number is not used to play the Lotto HotPicks Game.
- Camelot’s Computer System:
- The computer systems used by or on behalf of Camelot from time to time to operate National Lottery games, administer Accounts, facilitate Lotto HotPick Entries and pay Prizes.
- Cancelled Lotto HotPicks Draw:
- Any Lotto HotPicks Draw which does not take place because of the expiry, suspension or withdrawal of either Camelot's licence from the Commission to run The National Lottery or Camelot's licence from the Commission to promote the Lotto HotPicks Game.
- The Gambling Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The National Lottery) or any other body appointed to regulate The National Lottery from time to time.
- Customer Care Team:
- Camelot’s helpline for interactive Players, contact details of which are set out at the end of these Procedures.
- Lotto Draw:
- The process which results in the random selection by Camelot of a set of winning numbers (being the Main Numbers and the Bonus Number) for the Lotto Game.
- Lotto HotPicks Draw:
- The Lotto Draw, which is used for the Lotto HotPicks Game. Only the Main Numbers are used to play the Lotto HotPicks Game and not the Bonus Number.
- Lotto HotPicks Entry:
- An entry into the Lotto HotPicks Game which has been registered as an entry on Camelot's Computer System.
- Lucky Dip:
- A Lotto HotPicks Entry consisting of a selection of different numbers (the number of different numbers depending on the Lotto HotPicks Game You decide to enter) which are randomly selected by Camelot's Computer System on Your behalf.
- Main Numbers:
- The first six numbers randomly chosen at a Lotto Draw. Only the Main Numbers are used to play the Lotto HotPicks Game.
- A prize won by an eligible player in the Lotto HotPicks Game.
- The required set of numbers chosen by You to play the Lotto HotPicks Game or a Lucky Dip for the Lotto HotPicks Game. For the Pick 1 game, one number is chosen; for the Pick 2 game, two numbers are chosen; for the Pick 3 game, three numbers are chosen; for the Pick 4 game, four numbers are chosen; and for the Pick 5 game, five numbers are chosen.
- The website national-lottery.co.uk.
- The holder of an Account who is eligible to buy Lotto HotPicks Entries using that Account and whose Account has not been terminated, cancelled, suspended or closed.
Contact numbers and addresses
Customer Care Team 0845 278 8000 (0370 737 3983 for complaints)
For the hard of hearing using Minicom equipment, please call 0370 737 8 249.
Calls to the Customer Care Team cost 2p per minute plus your service provider’s access charges.
Calls to 0370 numbers from a BT land line are charged at your calling plan’s standard network rate. Mobile and other providers’ charges may vary.
The National Lottery
PO Box 251,
The National Lottery
PO Box 251,
National Lottery Regional Centre addresses
Watford (Camelot's registered office)
The National Lottery,
Tel: 01923 425 000
The National Lottery
5 Tiger Court, Kings Drive, Kings Business Park,
Tel: 0151 236 1796
© Gambling Commission 2014Back to the top