We want lots of people to play a little, rather than a few playing a lot – it's our guiding principle.
Help is at hand
Gaming is fun but for a few, it may become a problem.
What type of player are you?
GamCare have an online test that helps you to consider certain behaviours to ensure that playing not just our games, but all the games you play, remain fun.
A series of questions walk you through what specialists consider important when looking at responsible gaming.
Putting you in control
We don't want you to spend more than you can afford. Whether you want to limit your spend or play, take a break from our games or simply keep an eye on things, there's a range of tools designed to help you do just that.
spend and play
You can adjust your limits at any time in the spend and play settings section of your account, as long as you don't exceed the maximum limits. Reducing your limits takes effect immediately, while increasing your limits will take 24 hours.
We can also set you up to reduce the number of Instant Win Games you can play or try in any 24 hour period. The maximum you can add to your account is £350 per week.
It's easy to lose track of time when you’re playing, so why not set up an alert to remind you how long you've been playing for? You can set up the pop-up to appear after 20 minutes, right up to a maximum default of 2 hours. You can adjust the frequency of the pop-up in the spend and play settings section of your account.
of your play
There are a few other features we provide to help you along the way:
- See how much you’re playing - each time you play or try an Instant Win Game, we'll tell you how many you've bought or tried in the last 24 hours.
- Keep track of how long you've been signed into your account - you can see this in the top-right corner of every page.
- See how much money you've added in the last 7 days – we can tell you how much you've added AND spent when you add funds. You can see this in your in spend and play settings.
- Full transaction history - of all the games you’ve played are listed in your account.
Take a break
You can take a break from playing all or specific Instant Win Games by moderating your play in your account. Any changes will take effect immediately. If you later wish to remove the preferences, you'll need to phone our Customer Care Team.
If you wish to cancel a Direct Debit you can do so at any time by going to Direct Debit details.
You can also temporarily or permanently exclude yourself from playing all online games. It is important to understand that once a decision is made to take a break or completely stop, it cannot be reversed and includes play online, via the TNL app, and via Pingit.
Through your online account you can:
- Take a short break from one day up to a maximum of 90 days
- Take a long break for 6 months
- Permanently exclude yourself
How we keep our players safe
We're accredited by GamCare
GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling.
Camelot was one of the first UK operators to be awarded GamCare Certification for successfully implementing player protection policy and practice relevant to our online platforms.
Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. has achieved high standards in player protection and social responsibility and recognises the need to assist our customers to play responsibly. To achieve GamCare Certification, Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. has implemented the following practices:
- Age verification systems
- Controls for customer spend
- Self-exclusion options for players
- Information about responsible gambling and sources of advice and support
- Training for customer services in problem gambling awareness and social responsibility
- Consultation with GamCare when developing new technologies and products
- Support for the work GamCare carries out in addressing the social impact of gambling
For information about GamCare Certification and to find out who is GamCare Certified.
with you in mind
We design games in a responsible way, ensuring they are low risk and fun to play. This is supported by tools and processes which closely monitor games as they are being developed, launched and played. This helps us ensure we're not designing games which are high risk, and avoid games which are very quick to play, or stakes that are particularly high.
We're committed to preventing underage play. It is an offence for National Lottery games to be sold to under 16s. If you believe this is happening, please call 0345 301 6216.
Playing on our website
Our games are accessible only by users whose age and identity have been confirmed. We use an independent organisation to verify a player's age, which provides an Interactive Age Checked accreditation (iAC).
If you're concerned about young people having access to your National Lottery account, please keep your username and password confidential. There are also many third-party content filtering applications you can use to monitor or restrict internet use on your computer, such as:
Training for retail
stores and outlets
We also have measures to help prevent sales to under 16s in retail outlets, such as:
- Mandatory training for all new National Lottery retailers – covering responsible play, underage sales prevention, treatment referral and wider consumer protection issues.
- Regular communication with our retailers – such as leaflets and terminal messages on underage play prevention and responsible play.
- Our Operation Child programme – mystery shopper visits are carried out by young people aged 16+ who we reasonably expect to be challenged for ID. The programme is a tool used to monitor the compliance of our retailers as a result of the training and awareness we have in place to help prevent sales to underage players.
Our approach to preventing underage play is described in our Consumer Protection Strategy.
Contact us for assistance
If you have any problems with changing your settings, or you would prefer to speak to someone about changing your settings, please don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Phone: 0333 234 44 33
Monday to Saturday: 8am – 8pm
Sunday: 9am – 5pm
(Calls cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 03 numbers will be included on the same basis.)