National Lottery Pingit User Account Terms
National Lottery Pingit User Account Terms
4th Edition Effective 23rd October 2017
These Pingit User Account Terms (the "Terms") set out the various rules and procedures that apply when You buy Plays for National Lottery games using Your Pingit Account.
By accepting these Terms, You agree to be bound by the relevant documents below:
- a) When buying Plays for Draw-Based Games using Your Pingit Account: these Terms, the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online, the Game Procedures for each individual Draw-Based Game and the Game Specific Rules (if any) for a particular Draw-Based Game;
- b) When buying Plays for Instant Win Games using Your Pingit Account: these Terms, the Rules for Interactive Instant Win Games, the Game Procedures for each individual Instant Win Game and the Game Specific Rules (if any) for a particular Instant Win Game.
You can view copies of the documents mentioned above on the National Lottery website. You can also get copies of the documents by calling the Customer Care Team on 0333 234 44 33∞ (see the Telephone Enquiries section for call charges) or by writing to The National Lottery, PO Box 251, Watford WD18 9BR.
All words and phrases in these Terms that begin with a capital letter and have specific meaning are explained below or in Section 12.
1. Buying Plays with Your Pingit Account
1.1 You can only buy Plays using Your Pingit Account if:
- (a) You are 16 or over;
- (b) You are physically located in the UK or Isle of Man at the time;
- (c) You are recognised by checks carried out by Camelot and/or Barclays as being a resident of the UK or Isle of Man;
- (d) Your Pingit Account is linked to a UK or Isle of Man bank account that You are an authorised user of*;
- (e) where required, You are able to verify, in whatever way Camelot decides, that any information supplied to Camelot and/or Barclays is genuine;
- (f) You have not been excluded or suspended from Your Pingit Account or Your Account (if You have one); and
- (g) You have not been prohibited from using Your Pingit Account by Barclays.
*You agree that any Prize won may be paid back to Your Pingit Account, and authorise Camelot to do so. If Your Pingit Account is linked to a joint bank account, You acknowledge this may amount to disclosure of the Prize to other holders of that joint bank account.
- 1.2 When You buy Plays using Your Pingit Account, You will be allowing Barclays to provide certain information about You to Camelot, including Your name, address, date of birth, email address, and mobile telephone number. Camelot will use and store this information so that it can process Your purchase. Camelot will also use the details to contact You and notify You if You win a Prize (and will use Your email address to send You a link to the Instant Win Game You have bought a Play for). You are responsible for ensuring the details held by Camelot are accurate and up to date, and should notify Camelot by calling the Customer Care Team if Your details have changed since You last bought a Play using Your Pingit Account.
- 1.3 Camelot reserves the right to carry out checks at any time to establish whether You are eligible to play Games and to verify (or ask an authentication agency to carry out checks to verify) Your age and identity and any other details provided (for example Your bank account details), and to ask You for further documentation to verify the same.
- 1.4 Camelot reserves the right to refuse a sale via Pingit for any reason.
- 1.5 If Camelot subsequently discovers that You were not or are no longer eligible to buy Games with Your Pingit Account (or any Account You have), Camelot reserves the right to take all appropriate steps (including, without limitation, suspending or terminating Your ability to buy Plays using Your Pingit Account and any Account You have or may want to set up in the future, and investigating any security issues).
- 1.6 Camelot will not be liable to pay a Prize to anyone that does not meet the criteria set out in Section 1.1. If a Prize is paid to anyone who does not meet those criteria, that person will be required to repay the Prize immediately if Camelot requests it.
- 1.7 You won't receive or be entitled to interest on any Prizes.
- 1.1 You can only buy Plays using Your Pingit Account if:
2. Spend and Play Limits
- 2.1 There will be a maximum amount that You can spend on Plays during a certain period of time and/or in any one transaction. This amount will be set by Camelot and is specified in the Service Guide available on the Site. Any changes to this amount will be communicated to You in any way Camelot decides from time to time, including in the Service Guide.
- 2.2 You can only buy Plays up to the maximum spend limit referred to in Section 2.1, subject to the value of the funds in Your Pingit Account, any limits set by Barclays, and any spend and play limits referred to below.
- 2.3 Camelot may, at its discretion, impose limits on the number of Plays You can buy during a defined time period. Any limits imposed under this Section 2.3 will be notified to You in an appropriate manner by Camelot, including, for example, by including the limits in the Service Guide.
- 2.4 Subject to any limits imposed by Camelot under Sections 2.1 and 2.3, You will be able to set Your own limit on Your spend. You can do this by phoning the Customer Care Team. You will also be able to set Your own limits and exclusions on Your Instant Win Game Plays by following the relevant link either in the confirmation email You receive from Camelot after buying a Play, or that is displayed once You have completed the Play – You will need to confirm Your personal details in order to do so.
- 2.5 Any limits set by Camelot or You will apply across Your Pingit Account(s) and Your Account, if You have one. Plays bought using both Your Pingit Account (or Pingit Accounts, if You have more than one) and Your Account (if You have one) will, therefore, count towards any limit. Separate limits will not apply.
- 2.6 If Camelot believes You have an Account (based on the information it obtains from Barclays under Section 1.2), the limits will apply across Your Pingit Account (or Pingit Accounts, if You have more than one) and that Account it believes You have.
- 2.7 You are also able to permanently exclude Yourself, or temporarily exclude Yourself for a fixed period of at least one day, from buying Plays with Your Pingit Account by contacting the Customer Care Team. If You exclude Yourself in this way, You will also be excluded from buying Plays with any other Pingit Accounts You may have, and from buying Plays with, and accessing, any Account You have or may want to set up in the future.
- 2.8 Details of the limits You can set and the effect of exclusion will be set out in the Service Guide. If You think Your limits haven't been applied correctly, call the Customer Care Team.
3. Game History
You can view Your recent transactions (going back at least 180 days) in Your Pingit Account. If You want to view records of Your Game History and/or transactions for Plays bought with Your Pingit Account that go further back than this (but no further back than 300 days), You should contact the Customer Care Team. Camelot will then provide this information to You as soon as is reasonably practicable.
4. Termination etc.
Camelot may terminate, vary or suspend the provision of the Games and refuse any and all current or future playing of the Games by You, immediately and without giving You prior notice:
- (a) if any information provided by You (including, without limitation, Games-Related Information) is provided fraudulently or is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete;
- (b) on Your breach of these Terms or the Account Terms, the relevant Game Rules and/or the relevant Games Procedures and/or any relevant Game Specific Rules;
- (c) for repair or maintenance work or in order to upgrade or update the Site and/or Camelot's Computer System;
- (d) if Camelot stops offering the Games, the ability to play Games through Pingit, the provision of Accounts, or access to the Site or any part of it to its customers for any reason; or
- (e) for any other reason at Camelot's sole discretion.
5. Unauthorised Use of Your Pingit Account
Camelot shall not be liable to You if Your Pingit Account is used without Your permission to play Games. You are responsible for keeping Your Pingit Account password safe and confidential.
6. Your Acknowledgements
6.1 You agree that:
- (a) the Site and the Games are for Your own personal, non-commercial use; and
- (b) You are only allowed to use the Site and play the Games using Your Pingit Account as set out in these Terms, the applicable Game Rules and Game Procedures and any Game Specific Rules, or on the Game Details Screen.
6.2 You also agree that You will only play the Games and use the Site in an appropriate and lawful manner. You will not, for example:
- (a) receive, access or transmit any content which is obscene, pornographic, threatening, racist, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limit, copyright) or otherwise objectionable or unlawful; or
- (b) knowingly or recklessly transmit any content (including, without limit, viruses) through the Site and/or Camelot's Computer System which will cause, or be likely to cause, detriment or harm, in any degree, to computer systems owned by Camelot or others; or
- (c) hack into, make excessive traffic demands on or cause any impairment of the functions of any computer system, deliver or forward chain letters, "junk mail" of any kind, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any behaviour intended to prevent others from playing the Games or using the Site or any other website, or which is otherwise likely to damage the reputation or business of Camelot or of any third party; or
- (d) authorise or allow anyone to do the above.
- 6.3 You agree to indemnify Camelot against any costs, losses, damages and expenses which Camelot may suffer or incur arising out of or in relation to any claim, legal proceeding or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Your wrongful or negligent use of Your Pingit Account to buy Plays and play Games, playing of the Games, access to the Site and/or Camelot's Computer System, or breach by You of these Terms.
- 6.4 There is no guarantee that the Site will display correctly on all devices it can be viewed on.
- 6.5 Camelot is the owner or licensee of all the copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in, to and in respect of the Games and the Site, and You will not acquire any rights in any of these.
6.6 You must not:
- (a) copy, disclose, transmit or otherwise make available or remove or change any material available on the Site or that relates to the National Lottery or Camelot and is on Pingit;
- (b) reverse engineer or decompile (whether in whole or in part) any software used in connection with the Site and/or the provision of the Games (except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law); or
- (c) remove, obscure or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices in any material obtained from the Site or as a result of playing the Games.
- 6.7 You agree that playing the Games whilst located in any jurisdiction other than the UK or the Isle of Man is strictly prohibited and that Camelot will not be liable to pay a Prize to You in respect of any Games played whilst You were located in any jurisdiction other than the UK or Isle of Man. Camelot has the right to terminate Your ability to buy Plays using Your Pingit Account (and any other Pingit Account or Account You have or may want to set up) and refuse any and all current or future Plays by You if it suspects or knows that You have played or are intending to play the Games whilst located in any jurisdiction other than the UK or Isle of Man.
- 6.1 You agree that:
7. Your Information
- 7.2 If You win a Prize, You understand and accept that Camelot may, if required by law, provide a third party with details of any Prize claimed by You or on Your behalf of, or paid to You.
8. Limitation of Liability
- 8.1 Camelot’s only obligation is to pay the Prizes won in any Game to the rightful owners of winning Plays or provide a refund where appropriate. Camelot will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss of whatever nature other than, subject to Section 8.2, the non-payment of a Prize or the non-payment of any refund properly due under the Game Rules. In particular, but without limitation, Camelot will not be liable for any loss of profits, indirect, special or consequential loss, suffered or incurred by You (or any holder or owner of a Play, any person who submits a claim for a Prize during the applicable claim period, or any other person) that arises out of the withdrawal of any Game or from the participation or non-participation of You or any person in any Game. This includes the loss, for whatever reason, of the chance to participate in such Game.
8.2 Camelot will not be liable to any person for:
- (a) events beyond its reasonable control and expectations (for example war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, power cut and/or failure or obstruction of any network, broadcasting or telecommunications service);
- (b) the failure or destruction of, or damage to, all or part of the computer systems or records of Camelot or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or Camelot's Computer System);
- (c) any mistakes caused by all or part of the computer system or records of Camelot or any third party (including, without limitation, the Site and/or Camelot's Computer System);
- (d) delays, losses, mistakes or omissions in or made by the postal or other delivery service or by the banking system;
- (e) any other action or event which prevents or hinders the issue of a valid Play (including without limitation the failure of Pingit or the failure of the Site to display correctly on any device used to view it);
- (f) the refusal to sell a Play to any person or to allow any person to play a Game;
- (g) any losses caused by You, including the misuse or unauthorised use of passwords, money lost by playing the Games, and the failure to keep Camelot informed of changes to Your personal contact details;
- (h) any losses caused by the failure or malfunction of the Pingit app, Your equipment or technology or Your internet service provider or mobile phone network operator, or the equipment, technology, internet service provider or mobile phone network operator of any other person or third party.
- (a) there is a failure or malfunction of Camelot’s Computer System which impacts any limits on Your spend or play set by Camelot in line with Sections 2.1 and/or 2.3 or set by You in line with Sections 2.4 or 2.7, and has a material adverse effect on You; or
- (b) any limits You set in line with Sections 2.4 or 2.7 are not placed on Your Pingit Account and the non-placement has a material adverse effect on You,
Camelot will (at its sole discretion) either:
- (c) recover any Prizes paid (or withhold any Prizes won but not yet paid) in respect of those Plays and refund to You the money You spent on buying Plays above any limit that should have been set. For the avoidance of doubt, You shall repay to Camelot any such Prizes paid immediately on demand; or
- (d) refund to You the money You spent on buying Plays above any limit that should have been set, net of any Prizes paid in respect of those Plays.
No interest will be payable in respect of any refunds made.
- 8.4 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits (a) any person's liability (i) for fraud; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by breach of any duty that person may have to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill; or (b) any other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
- 8.5 You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms You do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty (in each case whether negligently or innocently made) or understanding of any person whether or not that person is a party to these Terms.
9. Camelot's Discretion is Binding
The reasonable exercise by Camelot of any discretion provided for by these Terms will be final and binding.
- 10.1 Any person who buys a Play using their Pingit Account, submits a Play for validation or who claims a Prize in whatever capacity, agrees to be bound by the provisions of any applicable legislation, these Terms, the relevant Game Rules and Game Procedures (and any relevant Game Specific Rules) (all as amended from time to time) and any other statements or explanations or rules or procedures Camelot may issue from time to time in respect of that Game.
- 10.4 If any provision (or part of a provision) in any of the documents mentioned in Section 10.3 is decided by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void and/or unenforceable, that decision will only affect the particular provision (or part of the provision) and will not, in itself, make the other provisions void or unenforceable.
- 10.5 You may not assign or otherwise transfer (in whole or in part) Your rights and/or obligations under these Terms. Any breach of this Section may result in the provision of the Games to You and Your ability to buy Plays via Pingit or any Account You have being terminated immediately by Camelot. Camelot may assign or otherwise their rights and/or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third party at its sole discretion.
- 10.6 Except if Camelot assigns or transfers its rights and/or obligations under these Terms, a person who is not a party to these Terms has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (as amended or re-enacted from time to time, and any subordinate legislation made under that Act) or otherwise to enforce any provision of these Terms.
The relevant law for these Terms is English law. Any legal proceedings will be heard in the English courts.
- An account maintained by a Player on Camelot’s Computer System.
- Account Terms:
- The Account Terms available on the Site that apply to Accounts.
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Tolpits Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 9RN. Any references to “we”, “us” and “our” on the Site are references to Camelot.
- Camelot's Computer System:
- The computer systems used by or on behalf of Camelot from time to time to operate National Lottery games, administer Accounts, facilitate Plays and pay prizes.
- The Gambling Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The National Lottery) or any other body appointed to regulate The National Lottery from time to time.
- Customer Care Team:
- Camelot's helpline for interactive Players, contact details of which are set out at the end of these Terms. See the Site for the Customer Care Team's current opening hours.
- Draw-Based Game:
- A National Lottery game, the result of which is determined by a draw, entry into which You can buy via the Site or Pingit.
- A Draw-Based Game and/or an Instant Win Game.
- Game Details Screen:
- The screen on the Site that displays details of a particular Instant Win Game.
- Game History:
- Information held by Camelot which relates to the Games You have played, including the outcome of each Play.
- Game Procedures:
- A written document issued by Camelot for a particular Game in addition to these Terms, which includes, without limitation, the Game name, the price per Play, how to play, how a prize is won, the Prize Structure and any other relevant information.
- Game Rules:
- Any rules or conditions issued by Camelot in addition to these Terms which apply to either Draw-Based Games or Instant Win Games (as appropriate).
- Game Specific Rules:
- Any rules or conditions issued by Camelot in addition to or in substitution for any Game Rules, which apply only to a particular Game.
- Games-Related Information:
- Your Game History and any information Camelot requires from and/or about You before providing You with access to the Games (which may include, for example, Your name, phone number(s), address, Identification Information, email address, date of birth and gender).
- Identification Information:
- Information used to establish Your identity, including information required by Camelot to confirm the authenticity of that information. Identification Information could include any element of the Games-Related Information and, if You submit a claim for a Prize payment within the applicable claim period, Your passport, driving licence and utility bills.
- Instant Win Game:
- A National Lottery instant win game which is available to play on the Site (through an Account following registration and provision of debit card details, or following purchase using a Pingit Account) and in which You have a chance to win a Prize. Instant Win Games may not display correctly on, or be playable from, all devices used to access them.
- Barclays' proprietary smartphone payments application, Barclays Pingit.
- Pingit Account:
- The Pingit account in Your name and maintained by You via the Pingit app.
- An entry into a Game in line with that Game's Game Procedures.
- Has the same meaning as You.
- Camelot's policy relating to the use and storage of Your personal information (including, but not limited to, Games-Related Information), as amended from time to time.
- A prize won by a Player from a Play bought using their Pingit Account.
- Prize Structure:
- The value of prizes and odds of winning in an individual Game as determined by Camelot and set out in the Game Procedures for the relevant Game.
- The website national-lottery.co.uk.
- the holder of a Pingit Account who is eligible to buy Plays using that Pingit Account.
Contact Numbers & Addresses
Customer Care Team: 0333 234 44 33∞ (0370 737 3983 for complaints).
For the hard of hearing using Minicom equipment, please call 0370 737 8249.
Calls cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 03 numbers will be included on the same basis.
The National Lottery
PO Box 251
The National Lottery
PO Box 251
National Lottery Regional Centre Addresses:
Watford (Camelot’s registered office)
The National Lottery
Tel: 01923 425000
The National Lottery
5 Tiger Court
Kings Business Park
Tel: 0151 236 1796
© Gambling Commission 2017