Lotto HotPicks Online Game Procedures
Edition 11d effective 17th August 2022
When Lotto HotPicks is played online (including via the App), these Game Procedures (the “Procedures”), the Rules for Draw-Based Games Played Online (the “Rules”) and the Account Terms apply.
If there is any conflict between the documents, the Rules will take priority followed by the Procedures and then the Account Terms.
You can view all National Lottery Rules and Procedures on the National Lottery website. You can also ask for copies by calling our Customer Care Team on 0333 234 44 33∞ (please see the Telephone Enquiries section for call charges), or by writing to the National Lottery, PO Box 251, Watford WD18 9BR.
All words and phrases in these Procedures that begin with a capital letter and have specific meaning are explained below or in Section (G).
(A) Introduction to Lotto HotPicks
- (1) Lotto HotPicks comprises five different games – 'Pick 1', 'Pick 2', 'Pick 3', 'Pick 4', and 'Pick 5' - each costing £1 to play.
- (2) To play the Pick 1 game, You pick one number for Your Selection. To play the Pick 2 game, You pick two numbers for Your Selection. Similarly, to play the Pick 3, Pick 4, and Pick 5 games, You need to pick three, four and five numbers respectively for Your Selection.
- (3) The Lotto Draws, which take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays, constitute the Lotto HotPicks Draws. You do not have to play Lotto to play Lotto HotPicks. Only the Main Numbers, and not the Bonus Number, are used for Lotto HotPicks.
(B) Playing Lotto HotPicks online
- (1) To play Lotto HotPicks on the Site or App, You should fill in the interactive play slip for Lotto HotPicks by following the instructions provided.
- (2) A 'week', when mentioned in the 'number of weeks' section, will start on the first available Wednesday or Saturday Lotto HotPicks Draw that Your Lotto HotPicks Entry is entered into and will end immediately before (and excluding) the Lotto HotPicks Draw on the same day of the following calendar week.
- (3) If You have used Your Account to buy a Lotto HotPicks Entry and Your Selection is not shown in Your "My account" section of the Site or App, then that Selection will not have been entered into any Lotto HotPicks Draw.
(C) How to win in Lotto HotPicks
- If Your Lotto HotPicks Entry matches the relevant Prize category set out in the table in Section (D)(1), You will win the Prize in that Prize category, providing the requirements of the Rules and these Procedures are met. You can only win a Prize in the Lotto HotPicks game You have entered.
(D) Prize categories, Prizes and odds of winning
(1) The table below sets out the Lotto HotPicks games, the Prize categories, the approximate odds of winning, the Prize value for each Prize category and the Prize cap multiplier (explained in Section (D)(4) below).
Prizes table Game Prize Categories Approximate Odds of Winning Prize (subject to Prize capping explained in paragraph (D)(4) below) Prize Cap Multiplier Pick 1 Pick 1 Match 1 Main Number 1:10 £6 1.2 Pick 2 Pick 2 Match 2 Main Numbers 1:115 £60 1.3 Pick 3 Pick 3 Match 3 Main Numbers 1:1,626 £800 2.8 Pick 4 Pick 4 Match 4 Main Numbers 1:30,342 £13,000 9.0 Pick 5 Pick 5 Match 5 Main Numbers 1:834,398 £350,000 28.0
- (2) On average, the following percentage of Lotto HotPicks sales will be available to be paid out in Prizes to players:
- Pick 1 game - 61.02%
- Pick 2 game - 52.6%
- Pick 3 game - 49.22%
- Pick 4 game - 42.85%
- Pick 5 game - 41.95%
- (3) All Prizes in a Lotto HotPicks game will be paid in full except in exceptional circumstances if Prize capping takes place.
- (4) Prize capping (which means Prizes may be less than stated) will only occur if the total value of Lotto HotPicks Prizes for a Lotto HotPicks game (e.g. the Pick 2 game) is more than the Prize Fund for that Lotto HotPicks game. The Prize Fund is calculated by multiplying the relevant Prize Cap Multiplier (shown in the table above) by the total value of entries in that Lotto HotPicks game.
- (5) If Prize capping takes place for a Lotto HotPicks game, the Prizes payable will be calculated by dividing the relevant Prize Fund by the number of winning entries for that Lotto HotPicks game. Capped Prizes will be rounded down to the nearest £1.
(E) Cancelling a Lotto HotPicks Entry
- (1) You cannot cancel a Lotto HotPicks Entry bought on the Site or App after You have accepted the Selection(s) displayed on the "Confirm Play Slip" screen of the Site or App.
- (2) If You get two or more Lucky Dip Selections for the same Lotto HotPicks Draw that contain the same numbers for the Lotto HotPicks game, You should telephone our Customer Care Team within 120 minutes of buying the relevant Lotto HotPicks Entry(s), or before the close of sales for that Lotto HotPicks Draw, whichever is the earlier. Camelot may then, at its discretion and following investigation, refund into Your Account an amount equal to the cost of the duplicate Lotto HotPicks Entry(s).
Where Camelot considers it reasonable to do so, it may postpone a Lotto Draw (which will mean that Lotto HotPicks will be postponed) for as long as it considers to be appropriate in the circumstances. In that case (by way of example only, where there has been a significant disruption to the sale of Lotto HotPicks Entries) Camelot may continue to sell entries for that Lotto HotPicks Draw beyond the normal Draw break for Lotto HotPicks.
- An account maintained by a Player on Camelot's Computer System.
- The National Lottery Android and/or iOS application.
- Bonus Number:
- The one number randomly selected immediately after the Main Numbers have been selected in a Lotto Draw. The Bonus Number is not used to play Lotto HotPicks.
- Camelot's Computer System:
- The computer systems used by or on behalf of Camelot from time to time to operate National Lottery games, administer Accounts, facilitate Lotto HotPicks Entries and pay Prizes.
- Cancelled Lotto HotPicks Draw:
- Any Lotto HotPicks Draw which does not take place because of the expiry, suspension or withdrawal of either Camelot's licence from the Commission to run The National Lottery or Camelot's licence from the Commission to promote Lotto HotPicks.
- The Gambling Commission (being the body appointed to regulate The National Lottery) or any other body appointed to regulate The National Lottery from time to time.
- Customer Care Team:
- Camelot's helpline for interactive Players, contact details of which are set out at the end of these Procedures. See the Site for the Customer Care Team's current opening hours.
- Lotto Draw:
- The process which results in the random selection by Camelot of a set of winning numbers (being the Main Numbers and the Bonus Number) for Lotto.
- Lotto HotPicks Draw:
- The Lotto Draw, which is used for Lotto HotPicks. Only the Main Numbers are used to play Lotto HotPicks and not the Bonus Number.
- Lotto HotPicks Entry:
- An entry into Lotto HotPicks which has been registered as an entry on Camelot's Computer System.
- Lucky Dip:
- A Lotto HotPicks Entry consisting of a selection of different numbers (the number of different numbers depending on the Lotto HotPicks game You decide to enter) which are randomly selected by Camelot's Computer System on Your behalf.
- Main Numbers:
- The first six numbers randomly chosen at a Lotto Draw. Only the Main Numbers are used to play Lotto HotPicks.
- A prize won by an eligible player in Lotto HotPicks.
- The required set of numbers chosen by You to play Lotto HotPicks or a Lucky Dip for Lotto HotPicks. For the Pick 1 game, one number is chosen; for the Pick 2 game, two numbers are chosen; for the Pick 3 game, three numbers are chosen; for the Pick 4 game, four numbers are chosen; and for the Pick 5 game, five numbers are chosen.
- The website national-lottery.co.uk.
- The holder of an Account who is eligible to buy Lotto HotPicks Entries using that Account and whose Account (and/or Direct Debit, as applicable) has not been terminated, cancelled, suspended or closed.
Contact Numbers and Addresses
Customer Care Team: 0333 234 44 33∞ (0370 737 3983 for complaints).
For the hard of hearing using Minicom equipment, please call 0370 737 8249.
Calls cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 03 numbers will be included on the same basis.
General Written Enquiries:
The National Lottery
PO Box 251
National Lottery Regional Centre Addresses:
Watford (Camelot’s registered office)
The National Lottery
Tel: 01923 425000
The National Lottery
5 Tiger Court
Kings Business Park
Tel: 0151 236 1796
© Gambling Commission 2022